Hello fellow Nerdfighters!
My name is Yaara and I study communications (and English Lit!) at Tel Aviv University. I’m doing a seminar research project as a part of my BA degree, and I chose to do it about Nerdfighteria.
As a part of this project I’m running a questionnaire, and I need as many Nerdfighters as possible to answer it. The more people fill it up, the more statistical data I will have to support my paper. So please, fill this out! Send it to your Nerdfighter friends and ask them to fill it out as well! Ask them to send it to THEIR Nerdfighter friends. Spread the word around, that would be tremendous help!
You don’t have to read any further than this, but I’ll appreciate it if you do!
The second part of this project is a series of in-depth interviews with Nerdfighters, to better learn about the community (even though I am a proud Nerdfighter, I still need the account of others. For some reason academia wouldn’t just take my word that this is an awesome community). If you’re up to being interviewed, here is some info:
- Interviews will be held via Skype (or, on the off-chance you live in Israel, we can meet up) in either English or Hebrew (sorry, those are the only language I speak well enough to interview in), at a time that suits you.
- Interviews will take roughly an hour, though it could always be less or more - depending on how chatty you are :)
- It’ll be more of a conversation than a formal thing, I AM a fellow Nerdfighter and I would love for this to be an opportunity to maybe meet some new Nerdfighter friends.
- Interviews will be recorded. This is necessary because I need to be able to go back to your answers for the sake of the writing of the paper. I can, however, promise you that no one but me (and my lecturer, if she asks for it, and I’m sure she won’t) will listen to these recordings, and that you will be given a fake name (that you can even choose if you feel so inclined) to maintain your anonymity.
- I unfortunately can’t offer incentives to interviewees. I am a poor student, and this project is not funded. I am, however, willing to donate a humble sum of money to a charity of your choice.
So, if all of this is okay with you - please contact me either by ask (and in that case include a way in which I can contact you), or by e-mailing me at: email@example.com with the topic “Nerdfighter seminar”. I might not get to interview everyone who volunteers (working on the vain assumption I’ll have plenty of volunteers here…), but I’ll try to get to as many of you who are willing.
Lastly, I’ll really appreciate it if you reblog this post to help spread it around!
Thanks Nerdfighteria! Best wishes, and DFTBA!
PS: I’m sorry for using some unrelated tagging on this post, I just want it to reach as many Nerdfighters as possible.
tl;dr - Seminar project about Nerdfighteria. Please fill up this questionnaire and spread it to all your friends: http://dft.ba/-nerdfighterseminar
If you’ve got a few minutes to spare, consider helping Yaara out by taking this survey!